LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Spiralized Zucchini and Carrots with Pesto

SO!  I was challenged to do the ALS Ice Bucket challenge by one of my best friends. (Have you done it?)  Of course you have to videotape yourself doing it. When I saw myself…..oh. my. word. It was time to face facts. I have gained a lot of weight since I stopped breast feeding. (over 10 pounds-which is on top of the 10 pounds I never lost after having Lily Belle so really I'm 20 pounds over my usual weight!)

Time to get serious. This may affect my cooking, baking and blogging (Who am I kidding? Of COURSE it will!!) However, I may not get to EAT the stuff I make but I still want to make food!

Here is one recipe that is "Weight Watchers Approved" (I joined WW Online-I need to PAY and be held accountable!!)

So I saw this recipe that someone shared and knew I had to recreate it. On the WW Tracker-most fruits and veggies are "free" which means they have no point value. You can eat them all day long!!

Here's the recipe I saw: Spiralized Zucchini and Tomatoes with Pesto

I bought a Spiralizer through Amazon. You can get it here: Buy Spiralizer!!





I changed the recipe a bit. I didn't want raw veggies so I actually steamed my Zucchini and Carrots for less than 10 minutes. (just long enough to make them less crunchy and the carrots a little bit sweeter.)

I then made Basil Pesto (using a lot less Olive Oil than I normally would!)
and tossed it all with some cherry tomatoes.

Simple, light and a meal that even WW would approve of!!



No comments:

Post a Comment