LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Honey Dijon Chicken (with Cumin)

Honey Dijon Chicken sandwich

My friend, Ashley Panico is learning to be a chef. She taught me this easy and AMAZING sauce to add to chicken. (btw, in case you are counting this is use #2 for a roaster chicken from the grocery store.)  


Cut off some of the chicken. Lots of people have a preference as far as white or dark meat. I love both so just to let you know-this was made with both. (Mostly dark meat as I used up a lot of the white meat yesterday for chicken and chipotle rice.)

Chipotle lime and Cilantro Rice with Chicken 


These are your ingredients for the sauce. I can't give you measurements because I make it to taste. I usually start with a tablespoon of  mayo, the Dijon mustard and honey. Then, I add in about 6 shakes of Cumin, a little salt and a little pepper. Then, I taste. Is it too sweet? Add more Cumin. Too much mayo? Add mustard.  Needs salt?  You get the idea.


Whisk ingredients together. Stir in chicken.


I made an open faced sandwich with some red leaf lettuce, homemade bread I baked two days ago. I topped with some tomatoes from my garden and added a few slices of cucumber. Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment