LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014



Marbled Banana Chocolate Bundt Cake




My family was coming over for Labor Day so I looked around for a dessert to make. I was reading a book written by my friend and she talked about a Banana cake her friend's Mother used to make and how much she loved it. It inspired me to make a Banana cake but Lily wanted a Bundt cake-so I found this recipe to combine the two: Marbled Banana Chocolate Bundt Cake



Dry Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

I like using Aluminum free baking powder. You don't need aluminum!

Wet ingredients: 
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract


In a large bowl, (on a mixer) cream together butter and sugar until light.


Beat in the eggs one by one, waiting until each has been incorporated to add the next. 


Beat in vanilla extract and mashed bananas.

  

1/4 cup of Cocoa powder sifted.
Pull 1 cup and 1/2 of the batter and mix with the Cocoa Powder



Fill a greased Bundt pan with 1/3 of the plain batter, then add the cocoa batter. 


Finish off with the rest of the plain batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.


Cool on a wire rack. Turn over Bundt pan and put on a plate. Sift powdered sugar on top.








Great piece with lots of the chocolate center!

The cake was a hit with my family though I felt it tasted very similar to Banana Bread.  It WAS yummy and I shared the rest of it with coworkers later that evening. I'm going to keep searching for the perfect Bundt cake recipe. What is your favorite Bundt cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment