LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"Chipotle" Lime and Cilantro Rice with Chicken

"Chipotle" Lime and Cilantro Rice with Chicken




Don't we all LOVE Chipotle's rice? I always ask for extra!  I had made some of their rice before and decided to give it another go. I was at Kroger yesterday and bought fresh Cilantro and a roaster chicken. Only drawback when I thought of this was that I didn't have a fresh lime.(I used bottled instead. Still good but not AS good as fresh.)  Go get a lime before you decide to make this!

Here is the recipe I used. (Ever notice that most of my recipes come from Allrecipe.com?) 




Start by making rice. 

2 cups of water
1 table spoon of butter 
1 cup of rice

Bring the water to a boil. Stir in butter and rice into the water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender-about 20 minutes.
Keep an eye on your rice. Mine didn't take the full 20 minutes.

Next chop up Cilantro. The smell is so amazing!


Add in about 1/2 a cup of Cilantro (I used more. I can't get enough of it!) and add Lime juice.
(Again- try for fresh squeezed.)

Mix together! 

Use more or less Cilantro depending on how much you like it. (Me- a LOT!)


To top it off, I cut up some meat I pulled off the roasted chicken. (I'm a big believer in having one of these on hand! One day I'm going to do a blog dedicated to all the ways I use a roaster chicken!!)



Lunch is served! It's a light, quick and easy meal that even the Tot loves!!
a bit disheveled-but digging into the rice and chicken!






No comments:

Post a Comment