LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Huevo Rancheros a la Jessica Seinfeld



Jessica Seinfeld (married to Jerry Seinfeld) has written a few cookbooks. I heard it reviewed on The Today Show on Sirius XM (Yes, weekdays 7 to 7 you can listen to The Today Show in your car-brilliant!)  So I decided to check the cookbook out from the library.  (I find it's cheaper to borrow a cookbook first and then buy it later if I like it.)

Buy Cookbook here


We had company and so I decided to try this recipe for my Aunt Gale. I know she likes fresh food, vegetables and Organic ingredients so I knew this was a good choice to make for her.  She loved it! We both did. We cleaned our plates.

Jessica Seinfeld's new cookbook is Coco approved!


Here is a link to the recipe if you would like. Gwyneth Paltrow covered it on her Goop website.
goop.com/recipes/breakfast/huevos-rancheros


The ingredients are:

4 corn tortilla (I used flour as I prefer them. Choose your favorite
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Romaine lettuce
1 can of refried beans or black beans or pinto refried beans
2 cups of your favorite salsa
4 large eggs


Heat the oven to 400 F degrees. Brush olive oil onto each side of the tortilla and place on a cookie sheet in the oven until they are crispy. If they get a big air pocket- take a sharp knife and make a slit to release the air and press them down with a metal spatula. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes


As the Tortillas bake, tear or cut up some Romaine Lettuce. I also chopped fresh Cilantro at the same time. Set aside.


Pour the two cups of Salsa into a skillet. Once the salsa is simmering, make wells and crack the eggs into the salsa. Cover and allow it to cook till the eggs are just set and the yolks are still soft.



While this is going on-heat up your beans or refried beans in another sauce pot.

Once everything is ready- place a tortilla on the plate. Smear with the beans, add lettuce and then spoon out an egg with lots of salsa on top. Add Cilantro and serve!!



I also added some fresh cut Cherry tomatoes from my garden and made hash browns while I was working on the Huevos Rancheros.

Let me tell you- this is FANTASTIC!! If you get a quality salsa, some Organic eggs and ingredients-you can not go wrong. Honestly- this is the BEST breakfast I have had since Mother's Day when my husband made an amazing quiche and the fluffiest waffles. 

After we were done eating-I realized I could have added avocado to the dish.  I will next time!!
I hope you make this for your company. You will impress them to death!






No comments:

Post a Comment