LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Winging it with Couscous!


My dinner!

I have about four boxes of Israeli Couscous in my pantry and I decided today was the day I use some of it!!  So I made this lovely Couscous salad!  I can't wait for dinner! I started with this recipe and then just went on my own based on my available ingredients. Greek Israeli Couscous salad


Israeli Couscous from Trader Joe's

Ingredients:

Prepare the couscous according to the package
1/2 a chopped cucumber
1/4  finely chopped yellow onion 
1 stalk celery chopped
1 sprig of Cilantro chopped 
3/4 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Sea salt to taste

Mix and let sit for a few hours for the flavors to meld. The larger shaped couscous almost POP in your mouth. Such a light and delightful dish. It would compliment Steak beautifully!  





No comments:

Post a Comment