LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake


I am REALLY excited about this recipe! I have been eyeing it for several weeks in my "Organic Family Cookbook"  (Get the book here: Organic Family Cookbook)  I was really hesitant though because the recipe calls for a cast iron skillet and we don't have one. (Hello!  I should send my husband to look for one at the Goodwill! He can find anything!)  I had some delicious looking strawberries and so I finally decided to go for it. 


One of my favorite cookbooks-GREAT photos!
Finished recipe as shown in the book. Can I duplicate this?







The recipe is really easy.  Preheat your oven to 475 degrees and place a skillet inside to heat up. (If you don't have a cast iron skillet, make sure your skillet has a thick base and NO plastic handle) While that is heating up, put 3 eggs and 3/4 cup of milk into mixer and mix till frothy.


Add in the dry ingredients: 1/2 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour and a pinch of sea salt and mix.


Pull skillet out (make sure and use an oven mitt…..You would think this is common sense but I have been known to burn my hand on a handle or two…..)  Add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and allow to melt.


Pour the batter into the skillet and place in oven at 475 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.


While the Dutch Baby (don't you just love that!) pancake bakes chop up about a cup of strawberries. (Or blueberries, or blackberries or raspberries or even a combination! Whatever you have!) Add fruit and 2 tablespoons for Raw Agave Nectar to a sauce pan and warm.






Pull your beautiful Dutch baby pancake out of the oven!


Top with strawberry mix and top with a little powdered sugar! Isn't it lovely!/!


Now for the toddler test. Will Lily Belle like it? 


I think it's safe to say she LOVED it. Together we devoured the pancake. I can't believe how EASY it was to make. You can even change it up to a savory pancake and top it with salsa, a chicken dish or some tasty veggies. I can't believe how BOSS this is! Imagine pulling this out for company! They will think you are a chef!  I love it. I like it so much I might go make another one RIGHT NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment