LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole via Oh She Glows

My work was having a "Heart Healthy Potluck" and I was stumped as to what I should bring. I can whip up chocolate chip cookies super quick but I don't think that's where they were heading… As I was perusing Buzzfeed I found this post: "15 Yummy New ways to Eat Oatmeal
That got me thinking. I had recently purchased some oatmeal so I decided to look for a recipe that I could use up some of that and also make something for work.
I decided to make #4 Sweet Potato Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole.
Imagine my happiness when I hit the link and discovered it was from one of my favorite cooking websites- ohsheglows.com!!
Isn't that the coolest website name! It practically makes you want to eat healthy immediately!

Here is the recipe:
RECIPE

Cook oatmeal, milk and Chia Seeds

Oatmeal and milk with Chia Seeds. 


Banana and canned Sweet Potato

I didn't have any Sweet Potatoes but I did have a can of sweet potatoes so I decided to try and see if this would work. I think it worked fine but starting with full potatoes make give the casserole more tooth. I'll have to try it again someday with sweet potatoes and see.


"Almond Crumbles"
The recipe calls for pecans but since I didn't have any, I pulsed some unsalted almonds in the food processor and make the topping with almonds instead. Very tasty!!

Batter!



One for my family, one for work, and one small ramekin just for the tot
The batter made enough for three different ramekin sizes. I took the largest to work to share with folks.


For work!

Work yumminess! It was GONE!

Can't wait to eat!

Just a few bites left for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment