LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

One? Bean Salad

I have been trying to get more beans/legumes. I thought maybe a Three Bean Salad would be nice so I found this recipe: Three Bean Salad. I had never tried "Great Northern Beans"  The recipe calls for Cannellini beans but I looked it up http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-great-northern-beans.htm and found these can be used as a subsitute. Plus! Kroger (our local grocery store chain) had a sale on beans 10 for $10!  

I made the recipe just as it says and discovered that I really just liked the Great Northern Beans!  They are a nice delicate flavor, not waxy or grainy and don't have a tough skin. I even set aside some to add in smoothies for protein.


I decided to try and make the salad with just ONE bean. Feel free to add the other beans!


onions finely chopped


rinse the beans


finely chop parsely


mix


add salt, pepper, a little sugar, a little apple cider vinegar and oil. Toss!
Set in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to meld and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment