LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Muffins

While at the library, I spotted this cookbook. I like to find books that have recipes that Lily might enjoy helping me make AND like to eat.  I found a Pumpkin Pie Recipe and was excited because it calls for Whole Wheat Pastry flour.  If you saw yesterday's post Mac and Cheese with Quinoa Noodles You remember that I had been looking for this flour and wanting to find recipes that call for it.
So! To find a recipe that needs whole wheat flour and the can of pumpkin puree I had in my pantry made me go for it!!



Amazon.com has the book for purchase. I found this copy at the library. I may have to buy it..

First up, mix the dry ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup raisins.

Combine wet ingredients:
2 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup canola oil (I used vegetable oil)
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds. (I didn't have any so I skipped this ingredient)


Add pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Spoon into muffin cups. I use an ice cream scoop for the easiest distribution.


Bake 20 mintues at 350. Muffins are done with a toothpick comes out clean. 
(Our oven is woefully slow….my muffins took 30 minutes)

The recipe made 19 muffins. On the second batch, add some water to the empty cups. This will help the muffins bake more evenly.



Lily Belle just had to hold the pedestal


No comments:

Post a Comment