LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Cooking on Cold Medicine.......What could go wrong???

I have had a cold that has lasted almost two weeks now. I even lost my voice for a few days!  I feel okay day to day if I take a DayQuil in the morning. I don't know which is worse-the runny nose or being completely scatterbrained and not being able to do anything to completion. I have felt in a fog for about two weeks.
I THOUGHT I felt better and so I decided to bake.
I wanted to make a Zucchini Pie and decided while I was at it I would also make a loaf of Zucchini Bread.


Right away I messed up. I only needed about 4 cups of shredded Zucchini…..instead I have about 7. I guess I wasn't paying attention to marks on the food processor OR the amount of zucchinis I was zipping through.  Now what to do with the extra?


Next up, I started to make the crust of the Zucchini Pie. I mixed the dough, cut in the butter and then added two CUPS of water. I couldn't figure out why it was so much WETTER than usual….. Then I looked at the recipe and realized it was supposed to be two TABLESPOONS.  crap. This I had to throw out and start over. Trying to figure out how much flour I would have to add to save this and how many extra crusts that would make and then WHAT to do with all of these extra crusts or dough was beyond me. So I started over...


Oops! WAY too much water!





THIS is how the crust is supposed to look.

Next up, I went to wash the Food processor. You can guess what I did when I pulled the blade off…. 





What a MESS. I can't even think!
Then I started trying to make the Zucchini bread. I noticed half way through it makes TWO loaves. So…..great I could only find one pan.  Now what?? I tried to roll with it and eyeball 1/2 of the batter (which by the way that extra zucchini ended up working out for me on this recipe!)



Guess I didn't eyeball "HALF" very well……..


After it was all done I discovered that I hadn't greased the pan….so we had Zucchini bread "Crumbles"
Though I must say once I got everything done (which was a challenge because I could honestly not formulate an organized plan…) everything tasted good. Even the "overflow" part of the Zucchini bread was good! It had a crunchiness to it that was quite tasty.  I guess at the end of the day even if it's not "pretty" if it tastes pretty good you have done okay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment