LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wild Perch and Broccoli Cheese Ramekins


While browsing at our local Lucky's Market, I checked out the fish counter. I want to ONLY eat Wild fish as the "Farm" fish are dangerously high in Mercury and full of health warnings. The only WILD fish they had that day was Perch. I have never made Perch but I figured, why not? I can probably find an easy recipe on the internet.  And I did!

Pan Fried Perch Recipe.

Fried Wild Perch



Cookbook as recommened by author of 100 Days of Real Food

I started out making "Bakery-Worthy Mini Broccoli and Cheese Crustless Quiches" (page 31)
I figured this is something that Lily would like as she loves cheese, broccoli and eggs.
I altered the recipe a bit as it calls for Bragg's Liquid Aminos  and wheat germ and I don't have those two ingredients.

Broccoli and onion cooking

First, Preheat the oven to 350 and butter jumbo ramekins or jumbo muffin cups. (I used ramekins)
In sauce pan add butter, and onion and sautee till brown. I added ground Flax seed instead of the wheat germ and added salt and pepper.  This cooked till the broccoli was softened. Remove from heat.


Egg, cheese, and milk mixture
Next mix 6 eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, and 3/4 cup of shredded cheese. Stir broccoli mixture into the egg mixture. Portion into ramekin or muffin cups and bake for 35 minutes or till browned on top.

Yummy broccoli goodness!





So yummy! As these were baking I started on the Perch.
Here is the recipe again.


Add caption

Instead of regular flour as the recipe calls for, I used Corn Flour and Whole Wheat Pastry Flour.

Add caption

Frying the Wild caught Perch

Fry perch for 4 minutes each side.


Mix some mayonaisse and sweet relish for a simple and tasty Tarter Sauce


YUM!!!
Overall best lunch I have had in a loooooong time! And the munchkin loved her own little egg/broccoli ramekin but wouldn't try the fish. Oh well! I will try again another day, another way!

No comments:

Post a Comment