LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Garden Flowers. Beautiful and Bright


One of my front flower beds
Every summer I plant a vegetable garden and flower gardens. Last year, I moved our vegetable garden from along a fence and put everything into a raised square foot garden. The area that used to be the veggie garden became a Perenial garden. I had a good start on making a pretty garden but then this past winter was so harsh, it killed many of my plants. I lost a Butterfly Bush, a fern, Lirope, my huge Lavender bush (that hurt a lot!) and more.

Luckily, I have a great friend that always has plants to share and I found some clearance and sale plants that have me going good again this year.
My front Porch and some of my pretties!

The beds in front of our house are going like gangbusters!!  Here are some photos I took of some beauties that I love to water and tend to and nurture.

Pansies!  (Perennial)
Had I known these were perennials, I'd have been buying them long ago!

White Vinca. (Annual) I usually buy pink or red.
They grow and spread and the dark green
leaves contrast so nicely with the bright flowers.

New Guinea Impatiens (Annual)

Caladium! (Annual)
I had this pot in the sun but they were getting burnt.
So, I put them in the shade and now they are thriving.


The Tot is helping to water.

Caladium (Annual)

Coleus (Annual)
Coleus come in many different varieties and colors. 

Lantana (Annual)
I love Lantana! I especially love the orange and the pink ones. 

Begonia (Annual) 

Elephant Ears (Perennial?)
I question this because you can trim the bulb, winter it in the garage or basement and replant.
Next year I plant to get MUCH bigger bulbs which will result in GIANT ears!

Phlox (Perennial)
This was on sale and has been the greatest addition to my flower garden!

I don't know the name of this but it's a Perennial.
I plan to divide and share it this Fall in other garden sections.

Sweet Potato Vine. (Annual)
These are fantastic in a pot. They cascade so beautifully and the light leaves
contrast with other dark leaved plants.

Columbine (Perennial)
This is a transplant from my friend, Joyce. I hope they spread and fill out.

Coleus (Annual)
I won four pots of this at an Amish Produce Auction. I only paid $4 each!
. Each pot contained three different types of Coleus.


Asiatic Pink Lillies (Perennial)
I planted two Lillies last summer from a flower sale. This year it turned into three plants.
Maybe by next Spring I can split them and share some Lillies in the Perennial garden out back.


No comments:

Post a Comment