LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Spaghetti Bake with Spinach

Spaghetti Bake Modified.

Spaghetti Bake Recipe
I started with this recipe. I have made it exactly as described and it's delicious!
It's really great to make for a friend who is having a difficult time and you want to bring them a meal. Add some garlic bread and you're done!

However, when making it for my own family my husband is lactose intolerant. He can handle some Mozerella cheese but that's about it. So, we have less cheese in our recipe. Also, I hit up my garden for some fresh Cilantro and also added spinach. Overall-it's a SUPER simple meal that you can make for tonight or even freeze it for another time.
Here's how:





Cut up a medium sized onion. Brown onion and a pound of ground beef till onion is translucent and beef is browned. Drain off fat and return to skillet.


Whisk two eggs, 3 tablespoons of butter softened and 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese. 


I also added 1/2 a cup of fresh chopped Cilantro from my garden. I love to add GREEN to cooking.





Boil water and prepare a box of spaghetti according to the directions on the box. I, however didn't have any spaghetti noodles so (as I usually do….) decided to wing it with a box of Fettucini noodles.
This is the noodles after draining them and then mixed with the egg mixture.


I chopped up 2 cups of spinach to put in the sauce (shhhhh don't tell my kids!)  I wish I had added more!





Layer 1/2 of the noodles in the bottom of a baking sheet. 


Top with 1/2 of the beef/onion and spaghetti sauce (I used a simple Marinara sauce) and Spinach mixture. 


Sprinkle 1/2 a bag of Mozerella cheese. 


Repeat.


Bake covered for 40 minutes at 350.  Then remove lid (I used Aluminum Foil) and bake for 20 more minutes till desired brownness.


Yum!

LESSON LEARNED! Go out and buy regular spaghetti noodles. The fettucini were too heavy. I'm going to have to make this again because I'm still dreaming of spaghetti noodles…. 

Do you have a good spaghetti bake recipe? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment