LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes a la Emily Bites


You may know that I have been trying to watch what I eat and lose a few pounds. After exhausting most of the recipes offered on Weight Watchers, I started looking at other sites. I found one that I really like called 
"Emily Bites. Lightened Up Comfort Food"




She featured this Blueberry Pancake recipe that looked so easy and delicious (AND WW approved!) that I had to try it.  The secret is starting out with some blueberry yogurt!
Here's the recipe:



Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 (5.3 oz) container nonfat Blueberry Greek Yogurt (I used Dannon Light & Fit)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ cup white whole wheat flour (my preference, you can use all-purpose or wheat if you prefer)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup fresh blueberries


I started with 5 pounces of "Noosa" yogurt that had blueberries already mixed in. 
(How's THAT for a shortcut?!!) You can use any variety of Blueberry yogurt you wish- or plain yogurt and fresh blueberries or Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries. It's the possibilities make this recipe so easy!

Mix with a tablespoon of honey and and 1 large egg.
Then, mix in 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat flour (I use Whole Wheat Pastry flour as it's lighter-- You could also use all purpose flour if you want)
and a teaspoon of baking soda. 

THAT's IT!  



 Then bake like you would regular pancakes and you have a light, fruity, Weigh Watchers approved (Just don't eat many…..) breakfast that the whole family will love.
You could add fresh blueberries on top if you have some on hand. 






Even the Tot enjoyed these! The recipe made about 6 small pancakes. I saved two for the next morning's breakfast and they were still tangy and light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment