Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to Lily's World!

I started thinking the other day about how quickly Lily is growing.  She was born on March 2nd, 2011.  Now, she is six and 1/2 months old!  I was realizing that when my nieces and nephew ask me to tell them stories about when they are babies, I have about 5 or 6 stories that I tell over and over.  I don't want Lily's baby time to be condensed down to 5 stories! There are so many memories and events that I don't want to forget!

So, I decided to start blogging. Even if noone reads it but me, I want to savor many special moments and memories.

To start with, Lily was born on March 2nd, 2011 at Riverside Hospital.  My water broke at midnight.  I was actually peeing at the time when I felt a gush of water. Imagine my confusion! I wasn't sure if my water broke, but I never felt anything like that before so I was thinking maybe it did!  I yelled for Matt.  He was asleep at his computer!!  I had to stomp on the floor to get him to come up.

I said, "I think my water just broke!" I explained what had happened. He looked at me and said, "Ok, just a minute." and walked away......  He came back a few minutes later and said, "Here's what you do....."  I just looked at him and asked, "Did you go downstairs and Google this??"  He said, "yep."

So we got ready, and headed to the hospital.  Matt pulled up at the Women's Center turnaround and I got out of the car. The minute I stood up, it was like someone had poured a BUCKET of water down my legs.  Now I knew FOR SURE my water had broke!  I was already walddling and taking tiny steps because of the Pubic Symphysis Disorder, but now I was wet too. 

We finally got up to the floor and I said, "My water broke. I want an epidural."  They didn't believe me that my water had broke. It seems that only happens 15% of the time!  When I asked to get up to pee, they finally SAW that yes, indeed, my water had broke.  Wow is there a lot of water!!! 

I repeated my request of an epidural. The nurse said, "We can't do it until you've had one whole bag of IV fluids.  if you bend your wrist it will go in faster."  I BENT my wrist right then and hurried that fluid into my veins.  Contractions HURT!!!  Matt was wonderful. He held my hand, and counted with me. He marked down the start and stop of every single contraction!

After we were set up in a delivery room, I was given the epidural.  ahhhhhhhhh That was the FIRST time I wasn't in pain in three months!  I loved it!  Matt slept and I dilated quickly.  at 7am Dr. Melillo arrived and checked on us. I was ready to go!  

I pushed for an hour and 45 minutes and then Miss Lily Marie Kinnamon made her appearance into my life.
Right away she was an easy baby.  She hardly ever cried and mostly slept while we were in the hospital.  Lily was an angel!! The first night she stayed in the room with me. The second night they offered to let her sleep in the nursery.  Cut to me-30 minutes later standing outside the nursery and looking for my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment