LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lily Tattoo


Lily was definitely NOT named for the flower.  In fact, she was named for the character, Lily on "How I Met Your Mother."  For the longest time, we couldn't agree on a name. I wanted "Sunny" but Matt didn't.  Toward the end of my pregnancy, I was on bed rest. We watched a lot of HIMYM and one day I commented that I really liked Lily's character. Then, during my baby shower I noticed that the baby bedding I had registered for was from the "Lily Collection."

We had a name!!  Since Lily was born, I've been thinking about getting her name as a tattoo or maybe some flowers to represent her. I researched all form of Lilies.  Daylilies were too common, and Stargazer lilies remind me of my Grandma Julie's funeral. (her favorite flower) and the Calla Lily is not appropriate etc. While researching lillies, I found this:

LILY OF THE VALLEY: Return of happiness, purity of heart, sweetness, tears of the Virgin Mary, you've made my life complete, humility, happiness, love's good fortune. The legend of the lily of the valley is that it sprang from Eve's tears when she was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. It is also believed that this flower protects gardens from evil spirits. Also known as the flower of May.

I like the Lily of the Valley. The meaning is perfect and it's closely tied to May 1st. That's the day we got married!  So, I finally make a plan to get a tattoo.  It HURT but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment