LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cooking my way through "Kids Cooking"




As cooks go, I am as CLUELESS as they come. I am 44 years old (as of Jan. 30th, 2014…) and I JUST started learn how to cook. I ESPECIALLY had not experience with baking!
Then, another Mom blog gifted me with a fun cookbook designed for kids.

http://www.amazon.com/Williams-Sonoma-Baking

I began with oatmeal raisin cookies with my daughter Lily, 2 and my stepson Calvin, then 14.  We had a grand time baking cookies and even more fun eating them! We made extra and I was able to turn those into a house warming gift.

I was hooked!  So for all the other clueless cooks out there, the first time bakers and new Mommies (what happens when you get married and have children-suddenly your desire to cook for your family emerges….I don't know why but I'm loving it!)

So check back as I work my way throught this awesome and easy cookbook. Past posts feature Banana Bread which is also from this book. In addition my background photo is the amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake from this cookbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment