LilyBakes

Look for us on Facebook! LilyBakes. Please "Like" us today!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Queen of the Gorillas!


Lily-Queen of the Gorillas


Yesterday was "Monday Funday."  On Mondays I take off work to have adventures with Lily. Usually, we are joined by my best pal, Debra and her daughter, Cari. Yesterday they were sick so we went it alone.
We went to the Columbus Zoo and had the BEST day.
The Zoo was practically deserted and many exhibits were closed (Heart of Africa, the playgrounds, etc) but it turned out to be a huge blessing. There were no lines, no taking turns on the statues, and lots of the bigger animals were awake and alert! NOT sleeping away the heat of the day. We saw Tigers, and bears swimming, gorillas playing and Flamingoes in all their pinkness!
I got the best pictures I have ever taken at the Zoo because of the sunshine, the cool breeze and no crowds!  I highly recommend going on an "off" day.





So! This picture.
I had just bought Lily a little necklace at the Manatee gift shop. I helped her onto the gorilla and she sat proud as can be and declared herself "Queen of the Gorillas!" 
You can bet I snapped that shot!!!

Enjoy my Little Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment